Updated: August 16, 2022
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic ISF will follow the instructions given by Hesse health Ministry and will change throughout the year. We are constantly reviewing our measures in line with developments and the regulations set out by the state of Hesse.
- The basic hygiene rules such as regular hand washing, ventilation, proper sneeze and cough etiquette will continue to be followed.
- Sick students with cold like symptoms should not come to school, unless they have very mild symptoms and proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
- Students with fever of above 38.5°C are not allowed in school.
- Physical distancing of 1.5m apart should be maintained wherever possible.
- Primary, middle and high school will continue using separate doors and stairways.
- Masks are no longer mandatory, however students are welcome to continue wearing a mask if they wish to, but they will need to provide their own mask.
- It is highly recommended to wear masks during indoor gatherings involving more than 50 persons e.g. during theatre performances and exams.
- In case of infection, it is recommended to voluntarily wear masks in the affected class or study group for the rest of the week.
- In order to start the school year safely, we will start with two prevention weeks. All students are offered two rapid self-tests to be carried out on Monday and Wednesday in homerooms for the first two weeks of school.
- As from the third week of school (12th of September), students who wish to continue testing on a voluntary basis can request two rapid tests per week via email to the nurses on email@example.com. The students are requested to collect their weekly tests personally from the health centre.
- In the event of a confirmed infection in a class or study group testing of the group is no longer necessary.
Quarantine & Isolation:
- The isolation period for people infected with the SARS-CoV2 virus is five days. A quarantine of 5 days starts immediately with a positive test without an order from the health authority. A PCR test is required.
- If symptoms persist after the 5 days then self-isolation should be continued on one's own responsibility until there are no more symptoms for at least 48 hours. For this reason, students who continue to self-isolate are exempt from the obligation to attend classes for the first 48 hours after the symptoms have subsided.
- Household members: both vaccinated and unvaccinated household members of people who have tested positive do not need to go into quarantine. Household members and close contacts of infected people are advised to reduce their contacts and test daily for 5 days. Mask wearing is recommended.
Sport & Music:
- Sports and music can take place again without restrictions.
Kindly follow the COVID-19 guidelines issued regularly by ISF. Any change in school guidelines will be communicated to the ISF community via SABIS Digital Platform (SDP), Weekly Update and, if urgent, by email. You can always find the latest school operations under COVID on our COVID webpage, https://www.isf.sabis.net/our-school/covid-information. The school follows the instructions given by Hesse health Ministry and will change throughout the year.
We thank you for your kind cooperation. Let us know if you have any queries on firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 069954319728. We wish you all a good start at ISF.